Tech Experts Edition: Tandems and Trios
This podcast episode is all about tandems, trios and nomenclature! Lindsay, John, and James decode a common compressor nomenclature and explain the difference between even and uneven tandems. We also provide various marketing bulletins based on tandem/single compressor replacements, run cycle, staging, and oil balancing.
Host: Lindsay Headings – Digital Marketing and Content Manager, Emerson
- James Stevenson – Technical Service Engineer, Emerson
- John Roberts – Technical Service Engineer, Emerson
- 0:10 – Welcome
- 1:30 – Challenges of tandems and trios
- 2:08 – Using multiples for capacity control
- 4:26 – How far back does the use of semi-hermetic go back?
- 5:32 – Even and uneven tandems & trios
- 6:51 – Nomenclature
- 8:00 – Identifying and replacing a tandem
- 8:53 – Different applications for tandems and trios
- 9:56 – Oil levels
- 12:46 – Replacing compressors
- 14:12 – Ideal scenarios when replacing a single compressor in a multiples installation versus the entire system
- 16:35 – AE bulletins referenced in the podcast
- 17:23 – Charge limits and crankcase heater
- 18:26 – Question of the week
This episode’s question of the week is now CLOSED. Our lucky winner is Gary Rosier. Congrats Gary!
Next Episode: The New Copeland Online Product Information Tool and Copeland Mobile App
Previous Episode: Preventive Maintenance
The post Tech Experts Edition: Tandems and Trios appeared first on AC & Heating Connect.